The Linking Finger Rings is, simply, one of the great effects of magic. Invented by Persi Diaconis around 1960 and marketed by Richard Himber, it's the rare sort of effect that captures an audience's imagination:
Three rings are borrowed. The magician proceeds to link them together into a chain of three. He then unlinks them and returns them to their owners.
What makes this a miracle is the fact that the audience members each attest to the fact that their ring is linked with the other two.
Over the years some clever machining has been put into marketed versions of the gimmick... but they weren't always designed for actually performing The Linking Finger Rings.
David Regal's preferred gimmick is included in this set. It was designed for the performance of this classic effect. What you want in your gimmick is:
- No extraneous movement
- Instant knowledge of orientation
- One-hand operation
Regal's unique gimmick does all of the above. In a routine of magic often tarnished by excess "fiddling", undesired moves have been eliminated.
What is new about this release?
First: Quality. A new manufacturer - one that produced a finer product than several other commissioned manufacturers - has turned out rings you will be proud to own and use.
Second: Key improvements.
- The rings are not only gold-plated, they are put through an enameling process that darkens the engraved area so that in any performing situation one can instantly tell how to orient the gimmick.
- The Regal design involving magnetic closure has been entirely reengineered and made more durable.
- The "work area" provided by the gimmick has been enhanced and expanded, allowing for even greater ease of handling.
Third: The price. The Regal gold-plated sets have sold for $300 for many years. Thanks to the new manufacturer's precision, the price of the set has been reduced to $195. The set includes:
- Regal's new-design Himber gimmick.
- A matching un-gimmicked ring
- A matching locking ring (classic method)
- Gimmicks with which to perform the astounding Koran climax in which two rings hang from a pencil, linked, and one visibly unlinks, falling into the open palm. At that point the rings are returned to the owners with no switching.
- A pencil and video instruction.
The Regal routine necessitates only one gimmick. The other rings are included to make the set complete, so the purchaser can perform any version of The Linking Finger Rings that he or she desires.
In short, a lovely set of props with which to perform one of the finest effects in magic.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.